- Leadership of Professional Learning- ‘What is Creative Learning?’
Leadership of ‘What is Creative Learning? session as an aspect of Professional Enquiry. Various venues including: SCEL- Developing Teacher Leadership Conference; Pedagoo Enquiry Meet; Primary school CPD.
- Story Telling, Creative Writing, Literature, Communication: Newbattle Abbey College
Developing creative approaches in the classroom and the forest to support adult access to Further and Higher Education.
- Project Nature: Newbattle Abbey College. Midlothian September 2015
Co-leadership and delivery of transition project for disadvantage children. Focus on supporting transition from Primary to High school in Woodburn. Outdoor learning, story telling and technology.
- What is Creative Learning? Continued Professional Development, Perth and Kinross Council September to October 2015
Delivery of Professional Development to teachers.
- Creative Learning Programme for Resilience at Boclair Academy. August 2015 to present
Selected by Education Scotland as Creative Catalyst to support Boclair Academy’s Creative Challenge. Facilitating staff development and leading in delivery of creative team building day ‘The Zombie Virus’ and interdisciplinary project.
- Seamab School- ‘Project Free’; ‘The Story Time Machine and the Salmon of Knowledge’. April 2015 to present
Two projects at Seamab Special School in Perth and Kinross. Kids developed their outdoor learning space to explore what it means to be ‘Free’ through drama and story. Free is a person that every child deserves to be. The Story Time Machine is madcap journey in a Yurt through time and space meeting characters and hearing stories from around the world. Exploring environmental, ethical and social concerns through imaginative play and talk.
- Outdoor Creative Learning Classroom at The Royal High School- April 2015- present
Facilitating leadership and project managing the development and creation of an outdoor space for Creative Learning.
- The Panda Project; Pilot May to June 2015
Tyncastle High School Creating a TV discussion programme about China focused on the Panda’s. Tynecastle High school kids are now using material generated within the core curriculum to build to the Panda Project off timetable days in April. The whole of the 3rd year will be taken off timetable over a week create the live TV show. Students will use iPads and will achieve outcomes in expressive arts, technology, literacy, languages, social subjects and practice multiple skills
- Song Making- Dalry Primary School; Pilot November 2014 to February 2015
The pilot. A cross-curricular project for P5-6 students. Words, music, drama: 120 kids created, performed, recorded and presented their original song. Dalry won Creative School of the Year 2015 at the Scottish Education Awards.